Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Senior Systems Programmer- MMO games – London
Location: London, United Kingdom Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: #23126 Posted: 1 year ago
OPM are partnered with one of the most innovative companies in interactive entertainment, winning numerous awards and receiving critical acclaim worldwide. Their newest studio, based in London, one of the world’s most vibrant cities, is currently growing their team and have a unique opportunity for a talented programmer to join them and be a main part of the team building a procedurally generated environment engine for an unannounced action MMO.
- Development of the procedural generation that drives and underpins gameplay in Unreal Engine.
- Key contributor of the technical design and development of our engine and supporting systems.
- Performing code reviews to maintain quality and share knowledge, underpinned with unit tests.
- Bug fixing and optimization of the full game cycle, from core engine upwards.
- Working closely with designers to define feature requirements to enable compelling gameplay.
- Strong interactions with other disciplines such as animators and artists to provide code support.
- Mentoring more junior team members.
- Continual learning about state-of-the-art games systems and coding best practices.
Getting proactively involved in a friendly and Agile studio.
- A passion for making video games, having worked on 1 or more titles (PC or console)
- Significant professional experience coding with C++ and other languages.
- Versatility and a willingness to contribute to a wide range of engineering tasks
- Experience in the design, implementation, and maintenance of procedurally generated code.
- Good understanding of Unreal or other game engines.
Categories: Programming , Technical