This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Mobile Games
OPMs client is seeking an experienced Senior Systems Designer to join their talented team and help develop industry-leading mobile game!
The successful candidate will will focus on systemic gameplay design, tuning and balancing for game economies, social play, progression systems, gameplay mechanics and upgradable systems.
- Degree(s) in Design or an associated field, or comparable professional experience.
- Extensive professional experience on at least two shipped mobile or F2P titles as a systems designer
- Proven ability to craft, implement and support major game systems.
- Experience developing within Unity3D.
- Deep knowledge of top mobile titles and their associated systems.
- Expert with Excel or Sheets with the ability to build systems designs with strong data visualisation.
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of products such as Jira and Confluence.
- Maintain superb written and verbal communication while working in an Agile environment.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Design, Engineering, Art, and Analytics teams.
- Passionate gamer who can empathize with players and their behavior through data; you can constructively break experiences down to find value for their players.
- Reports to the Design Manager and is responsible for designing, prototyping, and advocating multiple gameplay systems including player progression, itemisation, economies, monetisation, and retention mechanics.
- Produces and provides feedback on design documents and spreadsheets ensuring consistency with the creative vision and project priorities.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Lead Designers, Product Managers, and other stakeholders to design, develop, tune, and balance various game systems.
- Collaborate with data and analytics teams to identify data hooks for tuning and balancing meta systems.
- Cooperate with other disciplines to ensure creative and business alignment on quality expectations and business goals.
- Uses expert data analysis skills to plot how the game is being used, making recommendations for how to adjust the experience for players.
- Continually iterates, balances and tunes feature and gameplay based on feedback from team, QA, playtesting, and analytics.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!