OPM are working with a fantastic studio based in Dundee, Scotland who are looking for a skilled and highly committed ‘generalist’ games software engineer to work on a technologically revolutionary project.
They are a highly experienced and versatile games team and they want to add new talent to their group to help take the experience this title will offer to the next level.
- Work on a range of software systems, involving both new feature development and modification and application of existing systems and middleware.
- Liaise with the Technical Director to plan development tasks and troubleshoot existing systems.
- Liaise with development partners and subcontractors to design and develop mutually compatible software solutions.
- Work closely with customers in design and art teams to establish requirements for user-facing software, and create software meeting the design vision.
- Optimise systems for performance on multiple platforms.
- Bug fix across the whole range of software systems in the game.
- Apply an understanding of gameplay to implement software solutions to game design problems.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Good BSc or equivalent qualifications or experience in relevant discipline.
- Proven, professional experience in games or similar applications, on a range of technologies, including shipped titles.
- Very comfortable with modern games development languages, including C++ and C#.
- Experience in development using engine middleware (Unreal Engine 4 preferred).
- Strong communication skills, and ability to meet non-technical staff halfway in discussing solutions.
- Able to prioritise and multi-task.
- Highly receptive to feedback, flexible and pragmatic.
- Experience of working in a publisher-oriented, milestone-driven environment.
- Substantial PC and console development experience.
- Some senior engineer or lead experience.
- Understanding of agile processes and estimation.
- Understanding of build processes, configuration control and branch management strategies.
- Experience with physics (esp Havok), third person character behaviours, tools programming, client-server networking, backend systems, UI systems and/or rendering on shipped titles.
- Experience of live product support, with ongoing releases and patches.
To apply please send a CV to email@example.com
Max Hurd – Programming Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214420