This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Our client is looking to add to its family of permanent staff. They are looking for an exceptionally talented Senior Schedule Producer who is ready for the challenge of producing AAA title on the next generation platforms. The ‘Senior Schedule Producer’s’ primary role is to ensure we deliver best in class software using high quality scheduling. This role will focus on working across the studio to ensure the integrity of scheduling on the project, tracking the project’s course, developing options to adjust course and communicating project-tracking information. All Senior Producers are clear Leaders and can be both strategic and tactical in developing the team’s ability to evolve to be as competitive as possible. In general, Senior Producers help with steering the projects to success, delivering our games on time, on budget, to a high quality. As with all leadership roles in the Company, the Producer group helps ensure that the Company, the Game, and Team in general, are all doing well. The Senior Schedule Producer reports to the Production Director.
- Responsible for working across the studio and with all teams to help the project schedule to be accurate, realistic, high quality and clear to all.
- Responsible for there being ‘no surprises’ with the schedule.
- Responsible for communication of the status of the schedule, team velocity and any schedule challenges to the Project Strategy group.
- Responsible for improving the quality of scheduling across the studio.
- Responsible for working with the studios Production Directors and Production Team to ensure the development team have clear, high quality, realistic, and accurate schedules.
- Responsible for working with the studios teams to analyse their schedules and identify risks, problems and concerns that require resolution.
- Responsible for working with the studios teams Producers and Feature Owners to develop solutions (and options) for schedule concerns.
- Responsible for tracking the studios teams schedules for the phases and project as a whole to gather information and data to aid with option generation and decision-making.
- Working across the studio to help find, track and action plans for dealing with major dependencies that could develop into scheduling issues.
- Responsible for building of metrics around project velocity to gain data on the realities of project progress with the data we have.
- Tracking key phase and milestone deliverables to ensure that the Studio Direction Team are informed over the status of the most important work for the Phase, so that resource and attention can be allocated correctly.
- Accountable for tracking and making visible the status of key phase and milestone deliverables.
- Responsible for analysing and refining Studio and Team Burndowns to aid the prediction of what teams will deliver for a phase and ideally when during that phase.
- Responsible for summarising and communicating project-tracking information to Studio and Production Directors (via reports and meetings) so that informed decisions can be made.
- Accountable for reviewing the studio’s backlogs to push for accurate and consistent data (the basis of analysis) for the course of the project.
- Accountable for providing clear task performance metrics for the development team.
- Consulted on development team task performance.
- Responsible for the analysis of the practices within the studio during a milestone to put forward improvements to process that will result in more focused and consistent delivery.
- Consulted on Project Staffing and Budget to help inform options and strategy on project scheduling across the team.
Shared objectives with the other Senior Producers:
- Be a positive and trusted member of Production
- Projects are completed on time to a high quality
- The right resources are available and are used effectively
- The Team has a clear plan and can execute on it
- Clients are satisfied by the results
- The milestones are completed
- The schedule is achievable and on budget
- Risks are closely managed and mitigated to ensure there are ‘no surprises’ Technical Requirements
- Expert technical production skills
- Expert level of proficiency with scheduling large scale video game production projects
- Keen interest in scheduling and a passion for good processes, project tracking and the software which can be used in project management.
- An excellent understanding of the Office suite i.e. Excel, Word, Project.
- Experience of Jira.
- Natural leader.
- Expert scheduling strategies.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience of Agile methodologies and the ways to track and report on the progress of Agile projects.
- Strong teamwork skills to work with an established team and support them in improving our scheduling.