Job ID: #23154
OPM are working with an exciting VR studio in the heart of Amsterdam to find a talented Mid/Senior Game Programmer who is passionate about creating groundbreaking, state of the art VR and AR games and entertainment.
SENIOR RENDERING UNREAL PROGRAMMER
Are you looking to collaborate in a multidisciplinary team to implement engaging game features and systems for our ground-breaking VR games and experiences?
Are you a comfortable cooperating closely with our creative team to deliver the very best?
Do you know how to dive into a large codebase to track down that tiny detail that has caused a big issue, to the delight of your fellow team members?
Is C++ your main programming language, because the full control of it really gets you excited and are you equally passionate about the triple AAA potential of the Unreal Engine?
Do you know how to dive into a large codebase to track down that tiny part of code that is causing performance issues, were you won’t stop until it has been found, to the delight of your fellow team members?
· Use your knowledge of C++, object orientation, design patterns, algorithms and data structures to create solid technical designs and efficient implementations of these engine systems and adjustments
· Adapt and expand upon our studio pipeline and coding standards to create spectacular and immersive games and experiences
· Use your knowledge of rendering, shaders and math to create new graphical features that enable our art team to create the highest visual standard for VR
· Constantly take performance into account so our games and experiences can keep running at a smooth 72+ FPS, even when rendering to both eyes and using the latest and greatest mobile hardware to do so
· Analyze problems and debug them in order to quickly locate and fix challenging bugs
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
· You have written a number of engine adjustments or engine parts in C++ and have a great understanding of all the basic concepts of the language like the object-oriented approach, pointers and references, containers, inheritance, polymorphism, functions, structures, visibility, etc…
· You also have good understanding of some of the more advanced concepts like smart pointer types, templates, multiple inheritance, overloading, etc…
· You have experience with Unreal 4
WHATS ON OFFER:
Categories: Programming , Technical
Royal Leamington Spa
Senior Character Artist – Lytham, UK – Claire An outstanding external art studio delivering world-class character and assets to leading…
While 2021 was a difficult year for almost everyone on the planet, many of us found solace in games. With…
Copyright © 2022 OPMjobs Ltd. 408 Wellington House, 90-92 Butt Rd, Colchester, CO3 3DA, United Kingdom