Job ID: #23038
Senior Developers act as the bridge between high-level project goals and technical solutions, participating – in collaboration with other specialists – in both the research and the direct implementation of new game systems, frameworks and tools, as well as the improvement / adaptation of existing ones.
This Art-focused role specifically focuses on the tools and pipelines associated with world creation.
As an experienced software development generalist with a strong technical grounding, this role demands a passion for taking on a broad variety of challenges, an ability to quickly switch focus between tasks, and the capacity to maintain good lines of communication, discussing complex issues at differing levels of abstraction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with the Art team to enable the implementation of cutting edge rendering technologies.
• Develop efficient tools and bridges between research, tech and design.
• Research, design, implement, debug, and iterate on new and existing technologies.
• Identify and (technically) evaluate 3rd party technologies.
• Bridge 3rd party software implementations.
• Contribute to the estimation, planning, and prioritization of tasks.
• Identify and communicate risks and issues.
• Unblock technical challenges concerning art pipelines and methods.
• Provide ongoing informal and structured technical feedback to colleagues.
• Facilitate the continued professional growth of fellow team members.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Extensive games industry (or equivalent) software development experience;
• Expert knowledge in Unity;
• Strong grasp of the High-Definition / Scriptable Render Pipeline;
• Solid understanding of ECS / Data-Oriented Design and its uses;
• Shipped titles in a Programming (or equivalent) role;
• Excellent understanding of Software Engineering principles;
Categories: Programming , Technical
If you are interested in the idea of bringing unique characters and worlds to life, then game animator jobs are…
One of the most important jobs in game development is that of a game programmer. Without this role, any story…
Copyright © 2021 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom