Job ID: #10827
One of the UK’s longest running Games Studios, based in Oxford is now looking for Senior (Lead Level), Quality Assurance Analyst to join an expanding internal QA team. They need testers who are passionate about games on all platforms to test their latest games for issues and report errors. The QA team is responsible for testing on Consoles, PC and Mobile devices, ensuring all technical requirements are met and that their games achieve the best possible quality.
This role will initially be a 13 month full-time employed contract role (not freelance or agency) based in-house at the Oxford head-studio, however for the right person there are great prospects for this contract to be extended in future and/or to transition into a permanent in-house role. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
They’re looking for people with proven, professional games industry experience testing mobile or current-generation game consoles. Ideally you will have experience in the full development cycle, from start to finish, and a broad knowledge of games in general.
• Find and/or reproduce bugs and defects in games and other interactive products, investigating and reporting on these and verifying fixes before games go live
• Maintain and update the bug databases, documenting test results accurately
• Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, meeting multiple production objectives and deadlines
• Create and maintain well defined test plans to meet functional and technical specifications
• Follow test plans and test for functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other systems, including rigorous testing during submission processes
• Collaborate productively within larger multi-disciplined project team environments, working closely with development teams and external publisher QA to identify, report and recreate bugs, communicating ideas and issues clearly, to ensure highest quality outcomes
• Good understanding of game development and software testing methods
• Experience of using bug testing and tracking software, eg JIRA, Mantis, DevTrack
• Competent PC user with confident report writing, spreadsheet and database skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Methodical with consistent excellent attention to detail, ability to remain focussed when approaching repetitive tasks
• Excellent initiative, self-motivation, organisational and problem-solving skills, as well as teamworking and the ability to accept and follow direction
• A genuine passion for games of all genres and pushing quality as far as possible
• Technical experience and knowledge of current-gen TRC/XR's would be an advantage
This is an excellent opportunity that allows for career progression as well as the chance to work on a variety of high quality, successful projects. Get in touch for further information!
Categories: QA , Test & Translate
A Unity Developer brings their software expertise to tasks involving the Unity engine. The Unity engine is a run-time environment…
Now that the United Kingdom has left the European Union, it’s important to know what this means for UK companies…
Copyright © 2021 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom