Our client is a well-known AAA games studio based in London. They are looking to add to their family of permanent staff. As such, they’re looking for an exceptionally talented Senior QA Tester who is ready for the challenge of testing all aspects of the studio’s ‘AAA’ games.
The role is to be on a 2-year contract with the potential to extend beyond that.
- Follow the studios QA process, professional standards and set the highest standards in testing to support the requirements of the project.
- Ensure that all issues and bugs are reported in an efficient and informative manner, keeping with the extremely high standards expected
- Become the QA Expert for your assigned projects and given areas of specialisation.
- Own, manage, create and regularly execute test cases throughout the project life cycle. This includes documenting testing practises, QA process and reporting methods.
- Actively participate in test requirement gathering with developers to ensure QA effectively tests and supports all features of the project.
- To communicate to all levels of staff within the Rocksteady team verbally and via effective high-quality reports.
- Ensure that all tasks are carried out efficiently and all instructions are followed accurately.
- Lead your assigned internal / external team and manage resources to effectively and thoroughly test the game.
- Train and manage internal / external testing teams to improve upon their performance and maintain high testing standards.
- Provide information on resource requirements.
- Provide suggestions for improvements in testing strategies and processes.
- Deputise in the absence of Lead when necessary to ensure testing takes place accordingly.
- Provide assistance where required to the QA Lead.
- Experience of testing on a range of platforms: Consoles / PC / Mobile.
- Multiplayer (Network / LAN / Local) testing experience.
- Excellent MS Office Skills.
- Understanding the roles of other areas of the industry.
- Experience working on AAA title.
- Held a senior position on at least one released title.
- Knowledge of TCRs & TRCs.
- Strong analytical skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and a desire to make world class AAA games.
- Excellent Organisational skills.
- Developed and implemented strong & comprehensive test plans.
- Computer literate (strong ability to pick up new software packages quickly).
- Good understanding of game development.
- Amiable & approachable.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and individually.
- Bug database management and maintenance.
- Work closely with the development team in identifying, reporting and recreating bugs.
- Liaise and maintain a good relationship with external parties.
- Experience in passing on skills, e.g. teaching, mentoring, demonstrations or presentations of particular areas of knowledge.
- Will be expected to work outside normal hours, including weekends and / or bank holidays, if necessary.
A competitive salary and extensive company benefits package are on offer for the successful candidate.