This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console/PC Action Games
OPM’s client is an award-winning client is seeking a Senior Programmer who will join their new team developing on a new and unannounced AAA title. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and implementing systems and game code.
- Extensive industry experience, having played a role in shipping at least one game
- Strong experience programming for console or mobile with proficient C/C++ skills
- Ability to writes clear, debuggable, maintainable and performance targeted code.
- Superb bug diagnosis and debugging skills.
- Brilliant communication skills, including with team members outside of the code team.
- Good time management skills, including planning, organising, and prioritising in conjunction with the code team.
- You will design, develop, write, test, and implement systems and game code.
- You will work with multiple disciplines involved in the development process as required to create the best possible product.
- You will help to create technical design specifications and implement them.
- You will test and refine gameplay features throughout the development cycle.
- You will estimate task times and deliver quality code to that timetable.
- You will mentor junior team members
- You will perform code reviews to ensure code quality
- Experience with art packages and pipeline development.
- Experience with low level optimisation, shader programming, physics, or mathematics.
- Understanding of cloud server and network backend systems.
- Understanding of industry standard development practices including source control, asset pipelines, issue tracking, external QA, and localisation teams.
- Experience with post-launch and on-going product development and delivery.
- Experience with continuous integration and build automation.
- Worked in an Agile development environment.
- Demonstrable portfolio of relevant extra-curricular or hobbyist projects.
- Holidays – 23 days paid annual leave plus all 8 UK bank holidays
- Bonus Anniversary Holidays – An additional day of annual leave for each year’s anniversary
- Team Project Bonuses
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Private Dental Insurance Scheme
- Train Travel Season Ticket Loan
- Dog Friendly Workspace
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!