This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Our client is very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment they have established and believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each employee plays an important role in the success as a company and in shaping culture. They really value razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, and the truly collaborative way of working. They create joyful experiences that awaken players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 250 employees from around the world, they work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
About the role
As a Senior Producer, you will be joining one of their mobile game teams as an expert in agile development processes to guide your peers to execute on the vision of the game.
- You will organize and drive the development process with an interdisciplinary team of engineers, artists, and game designers.
- You will drive the overall throughput and collaboration of team disciplines.
- Apply agile and lean production approaches based on team and game context.
- Manage team capacity and skills-mix on a structured budget and results-driven development process.
- You will work closely with Product Managers on the roadmap and sprint scope, and own overall schedule and deliverables for the team, while understanding and executing around the bigger picture of your game as a commercial product.
- Clearly and regularly communicate progress to stakeholders at all levels of the company and drive progress through executive reviews.
- Drive effective decision-making. Collaborate with your discipline leads to Identify risks, formulate mitigations and move development forward through uncertainty.
- Create a culture of excellence and high productivity. Foster an environment where you and your team members love to work every day.
- Be an advocate for the team and a collaborator inside the company. Connect with fellow producers at Wooga, share your wisdom, and listen to their feedback.
- You have several years of experience working as a Producer and solid expertise within the games industry (free-to-play and mobile is a huge plus), and you understand the game development processes inside and out.
- You have already some people management experience and a proven track record in mentoring and developing more junior employees.
- You have built games-as-a-service, IAP-driven games on mobile platforms.
- You have created content-driven games, and have demonstrable experience working with various disciplines including art, writing, and game design.
- Strong experience managing scope, cost, and risk around complex consumer software products.
- A proven track record of delivering tasks within time and budget limits.
- Experience in applying agile practices to game development.
- Strong understanding of the business models and customers of the free-to-play casual market.
- Experience with external partners/outsourcing a plus.