OPM are working with this London based studio exclusively to help them expand their team of fun-loving professionals. They are at the early stages of bringing something new to the market and are looking for a Senior Producer to help them achieve this.
They create competitive real-time team multiplayer games that can be played in four-minute sessions – “coffee break eSports”. Their first game has already attracted more than 25 million players in Early Access and is on track to become an entertainment product that will be enjoyed for years to come.
This is a unique opportunity to be among the first employees of a multicultural studio with industry-changing ambitions, backed by leading investors whose interests are also in companies such as Facebook, Dropbox, Supercell and KING.
- They are looking for a Senior Producer who can also act as Live Game Lead when the is globally launched. This is a pivotal role with significant ownership and influence.
- You will be responsible for planning with a typical key focus on time but also a strong awareness and ability to balance all corners of the development triangle.
- You will support the team and all disciplines to be aware of where they are, where they need to go and how they will get there on time and to the quality levels needed to realise the amazing potential that their project has to offer.
- You will own development processes, identifying the most suitable methodologies for the team and game, through to team retrospectives and strong feedback loops. Strong facilitation skills are required to help everyone contribute. You will ensure everyone is aware of the short- and long-term goals of the game and how they can positively impact this.
- The ability to spot blockers, team difficulties and the ability to quickly support the resolution of issues is key. You will be strong at ensuring dependencies are recognised, documented appropriately and communicated. You will be consistent in sharing production status updates and development metrics back to the team and leadership.
- You are able to react and make decisions quickly and independently but also escalate issues where need be.
- You will have a passion for building games. You will be a team builder and mentor at heart!
- Architect: Help define the shape of the project, its features and enable the game to evolve with community and data feedback.
- Planner: Be a central figure in the Lead Group, deciding on what the release/update goals are, team focus, backlog management with detailed production/resource plans.
- Process: Create processes suitable for the game and team, strive for consistency and speed. Adapt where need be, be aware of change and team impact.
- Communication: Ensure all disciplines and the wider company are always aware of the current development status and any blockers that might slow the project down if not dealt with. Present this in clear reporting or verbal communication. Push for synchronised development efforts and quickly support the team recalibrate when a change of direction is needed. Embed the product vision and direction into all members of the team.
- Updates: Own the update pipeline, striving for timely and high-quality updates.
Required Skills & Experience:
- A Senior Project Manager / Producer, someone who has delivered multiple titles through to Live Operations.
- Experienced in multiple development methodologies and able to interpret and adapt these to suit the team, from Agile SCRUM, Kanban to Waterfall.
- A calming influence, highly organised and able to analyse and find the decision.
- Great at verbal, written communication at all levels of a team. Confident and effective 1:1 and as part of a larger group.
- A collaborator and facilitator.
- Mobile game development experience.
- Become a part of something great and join a team which is growing and appreciates the people that make things happen.
As a freshly funded Series A company, they can provide growth opportunities in a bureaucracy-free environment to both talented and experienced individuals as well as competitive salaries and attractive equity components.
OPM Exclusive – Get in touch today for more information!