Our client is currently looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Producer to manage a project team to ensure overall strategic direction is maintained and correctly implemented.
You will focus on the strategic management of the development cycle – establishing procedures to organise the team to allow for high quality, innovative work, ensuring effective delivery via direct reports cascading information/knowledge to all.
You will need to demonstrate leadership in communicating the vision of the game, maintain the quality & scheduling, and encourage a culture of innovation within the team.
Skills & Experience
- Work with the Directors, Senior Producers and other senior management, as applicable, to ensure that the project team is properly supported with a suitable schedule, ensuring this is cascaded down to all team leads.
- Demonstrate strategic decisional power when balancing task priority with resource availability in order to consistently deliver the project deliverables on time, to budget and to quality.
- Ensure all key dependencies within the project are managed proactively by the appropriate person/s and deadlocks are resolved between different disciplines minimising any impact to schedules.
- Establish effective management of change control process and ensure regular and concise risk management processes throughout the project teams whilst ensuring the team deliverables are fully supported by adequate release notes for each milestone. You will need to consistently follow through, track and deliver decisions, calling for review as appropriate and demonstrating a thorough understanding of the console development process and the long-term effect of decisions.
- Take ownership of communication for the entire project ensuring all individuals both within production and the management team remain fully apprised and communication is open & consistent between teams. You will also conduct regular catch-up meetings with direct reports & ensure this practice is adopted throughout the project team.
- Establish, maintain and nurture strong working relationships with external publishers.
- Establish, promote and support the implementation of best practice development process for the project team and ensure the personnel is in place to troubleshoot and resolve any workflow related situations/problems personally dealing with the most strategic as necessary.
- Ensure overall decisions, scheduling and direction of the project team remain in-line with the long-term vision of the studio.
- Build and maintain a strong and talented team through effective recruitment, development and personnel management considering both current and future requirements of the Studio.
- Maintain overall control of professional development for direct reports and maintain an interest in non-direct reports, working closely with HR to ensure all staff have regular appraisals and access to training & development opportunities as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain your own personal development as a manager & as a leader ensuring your management & leadership skills are up-to-date and effective.
This role works at a strategic level though occasionally there may be a need for operational skills – you must be able to move between both demands but place priority on the former.
Whilst the Senior Producer is not a creative control position it is a senior management one with strategic responsibility for game development direction – therefore input must be given where impact from/to schedules/quality/budget is felt.
- A strong understanding of requirements of a Producer role demonstrated by at least one project worked at senior producer level and extensive experience in a producer level role (likely at least 2 completed projects at this level);
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with all personnel, gaining both authority and credibility;
- Strong and demonstrable leadership skills – ability to convey authority in a credible and engaging manner;
- Experience of managing a team from recruitment to development including performance management and coaching;
- Ability to communicate with all disciplines in a game studio, understanding various viewpoints and maintaining direction needed;
- Proven asset management and asset tracking skills;
- Strong organisational and project management skills including scheduling, budgeting and keeping projects on track with a demonstrable understanding of how to manage across disciplines with differing aims and set deadlines;
- Self-motivated and proactive in seeking out answers and preventing issues combined with the ability to take direction and work in a team;
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills, flexible and adaptable, ability to find solutions that will facilitate creative improvements with minimal impact on resource and time restraints;
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment yet maintaining a strong attention to detail and good documentation skills;
- Strong MS Project, Excel and Word skills;
- Strong understanding of software lifecycle and release management methodologies;
- You should also be punctual, articulate, meticulous and numerate.