This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPM’s client is a AAA PC/Console game studio seeking a motivated and talented Senior/Principal Technical Artist with extensive experience working in Unreal Engine 4.
The successful candidate will work closely with the artists, creative director, and the lead programmers. They will also be responsible for setting up and maintaining the workflow of art production and material libraries in Unreal Engine 4.
- Produce shading and production solutions for materials, while adhering to the established artistic direction
- Design the various dynamic lighting solutions and available post-processing effects to refine a scene's overall ambience (direct lighting, fog, ambient occlusion, tone mapping, colour grading, look-up tables, vignettes, bloom, depth of field, optical flare, chromatic aberration, anamorphic flare, etc.)
- Build lighting systems that are compatible with the memory limitations of target platforms
- Mentor artists in new production techniques and ensure that those methods are compatible with the constraints of the game engine.
- Recognize and resolve issues related to the process of artistic creation.
- Recommend efficient production methods that are in keeping with the initial guidelines and budgets/constraints (memory/size of the game)
- Resolve challenging technical issues of the 3D asset pipeline
- Solid technical animation experience in the games industry
- Expert knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 (Creation of materials, art blueprints, authoring material expression and parameters, MICs, libraries, VFX assets, sequences, materials, and lighting)
- Expertise with the modern game content creation processes
- Knowledge of level creation/editing packages (UE4)
- Digital Art background (modelling, shading, lighting, VFX)
- Demonstrable understanding of modern game content creation workflows
- In-depth rendering knowledge
- Experience with graphics debuggers
- Experience using procedural pipelines
- Substance Designer experience
- Knowledge and understanding of LOD systems for Level and VFX
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!