This multinational publisher has enjoyed success from some of the greatest releases in video games! The time has come to hire an experienced games Senior PR Manager to join their commercial Department based in their office on the outskirts of London. You will have the unique opportunity to work across all their award winning and critically acclaimed brands and titles.
You will be responsible for the development, promotion and implementation of a PR plan for multi-format videogame releases, collaborating with all relevant departments and stakeholders for the execution of this plan.
- Plan and develop the PR strategy for multi-format videogame releases in the UK. Influence the approval of these strategies, which have to be forwarded to the Head of Marketing and Communications for guidance and sign off.
- Develop strategies tailored to the local market, which stay in line with overall business strategies and goals.
- Ensure that PR timelines, budgets, milestones, and deliverables meet the required product deadlines.
- Lead UK PR events and initiatives such as press trips (including local talent tours), events, pitches and media responses, championing titles through Specialist, Mainstream and Trade media.
- Manage assigned PR and Communications agencies and the distribution of press materials including EPKs, product demos, press releases and media packs.
- Responsible for the planning and management of UK PR events, including events agency management.
- Content creation for messaging; territory specific press releases, product presentations, media blasts, messaging and product presentations for relevant media.
- Effective PR campaign supervision including embargos, exclusives, cover deals and any other promotional opportunities.
- Be a product ambassador: endorse titles at meetings, briefings, conferences, interviews, articles and press releases, maintaining a positive outlook with media at all times both at formal occasions and informally.
- Frequent interaction with the Head of Marketing and Communications as well as numerous departments in the business, working cross functionally with the UK and International Product, International PR and Sales Teams leading cooperative efforts. It is particularly important to build an effective and trusting relationship with the Sales team to ensure that PR campaigns are strategically aligned with the commercial targets of the business.
- Develop strong, positive partnerships with key contacts in these departments to establish trust and ensure the increased outreach of our titles.
- Effective collaboration with cross-promotional partners and licensors, ensuring maximum efficiency and awareness is achieved.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with external agencies such as media, promotional, creative and event agencies; effectively managing.
- Integrate PR and community plans; play a key role in creating the content and messaging on various social media platforms, managing influencer relationships where necessary to ensure maximum impact and efficiency of campaigns.
- Analysis and redefinition of PR channels through coverage and campaign reporting, including quantitative, qualitative and KPI assessments. Continued competitor monitoring, with analysis and planning that takes in to account key competitor strengths / weaknesses.
- Line Management of one (or more) members of the team. Day to day management including planning, delegating, and directing these employee’s work. Developing these employees through mentoring, feedback, goal setting and support. Conducting meaningful performance appraisals, rewarding, and problem solving where applicable.
- Perform other duties as required by the Head of Marketing and Communications such as budget management, ensuring all required approvals are received, attending trade shows, local, national and international travel and completing relevant marketing projects.
- Defining and implementing the right analytics to enable the extraction of actionable insights from the data
- Create and constantly evolve analyses based on hypotheses crafted with the development and commercial teams
- Evaluate and quantify the effect of ongoing changes to the game through data analysis and statistical methods
- Inputting directly into the development roadmap with recommendations supported by data
- Defining and managing reporting to key stakeholders; communicating insights through internal reports, presentations and dashboards
- Performing ad-hoc analyses on-demand as issues arise