Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Senior QA Tester – Console Project – London
Location: London, United Kingdom Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: #23372 Posted: 8 months ago
This London based AAA Games studio is looking to add to its family of staff by hiring a Senior QA Tester on a 2-year contract with the potential to extend beyond that. Reporting to the QA Lead, the Senior QA Tester will be part of the QA team responsible for testing all aspects of the studio’s eagerly awaited new project.
- Follow QA process, professional standards and set the highest standards in testing to support the requirements of the project.
- Ensure that all issues and bugs are reported in an efficient and informative manner, keeping with the extremely high standard expected by the studio.
- Become the QA Expert for your assigned projects and given areas of specialisation.
- Own, manage, create and regularly execute test cases throughout the project life cycle. This includes documenting testing practices, QA process and reporting methods.
- Actively participate in test requirement gathering with developers to ensure QA effectively tests and supports all features of the project.
- To communicate to all levels of staff within the team verbally and via effective high-quality
- Ensure that all tasks are carried out efficiently and all instructions are followed accurately.
- Lead your assigned internal/external team and manage resources to effectively and thoroughly test the game.
- Train and manage internal/external testing teams to improve upon their performance and maintain high testing standards.
- Provide information on resource requirements.
- Provide suggestions for improvements in testing strategies and processes.
- Deputise in the absence of Lead when necessary to ensure testing takes place accordingly.
- Provide assistance where required to the QA Lead.
- Held a senior position on at least one AAA released title.
- Knowledge of TCRs and TRCs.
- Strong analytical skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and a desire to make world class AAA games.
- Amiable, approachable with strong communication skills.
- Experience of communicating verbally and in written communications with all staff across the hierarchy of a games developer/publisher (Producers, Leads & Developers).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Categories: QA , Test & Translate