This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console & PC FPS Games
OPMs client is a developer based in Sweden that has been creating brilliant games for over a decade. Their recent titles have received critical acclaim and commercial success on PC and Console. They are seeking experienced Level Designers to join their latest projects in a Senior or Lead position.
The successful candidates will be leading and supervising the Level Design team, in collaboration with department leads, directors and producers to ensure that the overall game vision is met with regards to levels created for the games.
- Extensive industry experience as a Senior or Lead Level Designer, having also shipped a AAA game.
- Excellent understanding of Unreal Engine 4.
- Excellent understanding of level design fundamentals and the role of level design in a game.
- Holds strong knowledge of game production pipelines.
- Able to communicate and work with other members of the production team, while keeping the total vision of the game in mind.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills, with the ability to express abstract concepts.
- Ability to review and feedback on teams work in a constructive manner
- Happy working in a fast-paced live operations development environment
- Experience with cooperative FPS titles
- Degree(s) or professional experience in art, interior or industrial Design
- Experience with writing/narrative design
- Passionate about all type of games on various formats and genres, ideally with a fondness for FPS and competitive titles.
- Cooperate with the Design Director to communicate and convert the game vision into the level design alongside your team.
- Guide the Level Designers’ in constructing levels where gameplay flow, mission objectives and events form energetic experiences.
- Cooperate with the Producer and the Design Director to plan and prioritise the Level Design team’s work.
- Cooperate with the Level Design team through all stages of development to own and implement levels and gameplay features that enhance content and quality of the game experience.
- Review levels based on priorities, feedback and facilitate continuous enhancements of these.
- Lead the creation of thorough documentation and play an active part in the development and iteration of pipelines and processes.
- Be the main point of contact of the other departments regarding Level Design
- Mentor the Level Design team and carry out performance reviews, handle and resolve any situation arising within the team that would hinder production goals.
- Lead the recruitment of Level Designers.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 425!