This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Console/PC Games
Our client is a UK-based, full-service independent publisher and developer of interactive digital entertainment who are currently working on a new, original IP for next gen platforms.
Our client is looking for an experienced and/or highly skilled individual. Expectations are high given our clients reputation in the industry. In addition to experience and skill, our client places great emphasis on integrity, working hard and team solidarity.
- Strong professional experience as a Senior Designer on at least 2 shipped console or PC titles
- Professional experience leading a game design team and/or the key elements, ensuring designs are clear, concise, delivered in a timely manner, correctly implemented and balanced.
- Professional experience working closely with other departments to communicate and deliver designs to a high quality.
- Experience in contributing to various forms of game design, such as UI/UX, game modes, key features, and mechanics, balancing and progression, accessibility, reward systems, etc.
- Experience in prototyping and/or rapid concept iteration.
- Strong general language skills and an ability to generate an exceptional standard of design specs, documentation, diagrams, spreadsheets, or flow charts to convey your design visions.
- Deep understanding of games and an excellent grasp of what makes them work.
- Own individual areas of the project, features, and mechanics, from concept to completion.
- Supporting, enabling, and monitoring the work of other designers in the team.
- Collaborate with all department as the game materialises, communicate your ideas concisely and promote a high level of quality and player experience.
- Produce clear annotated mock-ups and or diagrams for associated UI(s), for artists and coders to follow and implement efficiently.
- When designing or improving content thinking about the total implications on the rest of the game and its ecosystems including controls, UI, player messaging and feedback, consistency, pacing, difficulty curve, etc.
- Take a proactive approach to anticipate problems and provide design solutions that are mindful of a project’s scope and timescales.
- Use production platforms such as Hansoft or Forecast to extrapolate the vision set out in your designs into tasks and schedules for other designers, artists, and programmers.
- Convey the design vision up and down the organisation, across a range of stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience of game engines such as Unity/Unreal, scripting with Java/Lua, database creation and management.
- Producing and presenting game pitches
- Professional experience developing on both PC and console platforms
- Experience within a range of game genres
- Experience working in a production, producer, or schedule-orientated role
- All other related qualifications considered
- Flexible working and lunch hours
- Potential annual performance bonuses.
- Vitality Private Healthcare
- Christmas bonuses
- Additional leave for birthdays
- Potential relocation package
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!