This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: High Profile IP & PC/Console
OPM are proud to be working with a globally recognised games developer based in Paris.
The company are responsible for some of the most successful and well-known IPs in the Games Industry. Currently looking for Senior Online Programmer to join the team on one of their most iconic brands.
The successful candidate with be working closely with Game Designers and Gameplay Programmers across the globe, taking responsibility for constructing, debugging, maintaining and enhancing the online services, and related tools, server side and client side for the title.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Solid C++ programming skills with strong understanding of Object-Oriented language features, concurrent programming using threads and synchronisation and design patterns.
- Good knowledge of C#, .Net Core or GoLang programming.
- Strong experience with networking protocols (UDP/TCP/HTTP).
- Experience developing REST APIs.
- Knowledge of database programming with SQL and/or NoSQL databases (Redis, MongoDB, etc.).
- Passionate about online gaming.
- Familiarity with Revision Control systems like Perforce or Git.
- Experience CI/CD (Gitlab), automation and DevOps oriented technologies (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Excellent communication skills in English, oral and written.
- Understand the online aims of the project, collaborate and devise with Game Designers and present to them technical possibilities for new inventive online-connected features.
- Take ownership of game features from conception to implementation to post-launch live support.
- Server-side programming, develop and maintain services.
- Design, prototype, and implement fault-tolerant online services prioritising scalability, availability and security, including the provisioning of dedicated servers.
- Perform load tests, analyse results, suggest improvements and optimise as needed.
- Collaborate with devops teams to design and optimise the server-side infrastructure, and for debugging infrastructure issues.
- Client-side programming, maintain and improve upon the game’s multi-platform online engine in C++.
- Use primitives to implement individual consoles’ features and provide a platform-agnostic API to be used by higher-level engine abstractions.
- Write and design code to leverage multithreading to optimally parallelise engine tasks where possible.
- Evaluate external as well as internal Ubisoft libraries to find the best fit for their engine based on the project’s current and future needs.
- Educate, mentor and train gameplay programmers to use asynchronous engine features optimally.
- Maintain code quality and enforce best practices, keeping performance, maintainability and scalability requirements in mind.
- Ensure the smooth communication with other game teams worldwide (both technical and non-technical).
- Counsel and mentor less experienced programmers.
- Experience in the games industry, having shipped one or more titles.
- Understanding of existing web technologies and protocols.
- Experience working with cloud providers, especially Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud.
- Experience with Linux and Linux shell scripting.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!