OPM’s client is a leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world.
They are looking for a Senior Lighting Artist to join their team!
The successful candidate will have a chance to perfect their craft and expand their knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide. They will also Maintain the aesthetic of the game based on the Art Directors vision driven by the Concept Art team and then execute it in with respect to adding lighting and shading elements within playable levels and cinematics.
- A vast career with working on lighting in creative industry (game dev, 3D animation, film)
- Previous industry experience of working on light in game dev
- Shipped-title experience
- Solid experience in creating high quality creative/visual aesthetics as well as technical knowledge
- Good skills in creation all content needed for lighting
- Excellent understanding of colour theory
- Strong experience working with Unreal Engine
- Excellent understanding of PBR lighting basics and material authoring
- Excellent experience with PBR based shaders
- Great understanding of performance limitations and possibilities of current console generation
- Skilled at balancing aesthetic quality and performance in the game engine
- Ability to show examples of top notch lighting aesthetics made for next generation console games
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Passionate about playing and making video games
- Shader programming experience
- Basic skills in photography
- Film/marketing light experience
- Architecture Light design degree
- Maintain the production and software pipeline and meeting deadlines
- Translate conceptual illustrations into outstanding real-time lighting visuals
- Creating compelling lighting that set up mood, tells story, and makes coherent world
- Close cooperation with Level Designers in supporting achieving their goals
- Design and deliver light objects and IES textures
- Creating dynamic lighting that brings life to environment
- Collaborate with VFX department to create atmospheric, 3D scenes with use of right color palette and other meaningful artistic choices
- Creating high-end lighting for cut-scenes
- Innovating new techniques for next-gen hardware and work with engineers to expand the required tool-set
- Analyzing the scene for performance issues, ensure all lights are as optimal as possible
- Working with the Tech/Engine department to fix technical lighting issues
- Create basic blueprints associated to Light
- Bugfixing and describing R&D case studies in knowledge base
- Sharing knowledge with less experienced peers
- Occasionally support Lead in recruitment projects with HR collaboration
- Occasionally can onboard new hires
- Performance-based bonuses.
- Private health care.
- Comprehensive assistance in relocation.
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code.
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415