This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Our client is looking for a senior lighting artist to help them create a kick-ass action RPG based on a famous IP. They are seeking a motivated and efficient artist familiar with environment pipelines all aspects of asset creation, lighting and composition to jointheir talented art team.
- Produce high quality lighting throughout all stages of the production process in respect of the project’s technical and artistic constraints
- Implement and incorporate feedback from Art Director and other Leads into the project
- Placing special effects relating to the lighting and atmosphere of the game, such as fog, volumetrics, flares and camera effects.
- Applying post process effects such as bloom, tone mapping, exposure etc.
- Develop an understanding of best practices, production pipelines and workflows
- Work closely with the Art Director to achieve the desired lighting and mood required
for the game
- Work with the Level Designers and Environment Artists to establish lighting and enhance gameplay
- Apply lighting and shadowing principles in respect of technical constraints
- Optimise work and maintain balance between quality and performance
- Reference design documents to develop an understanding of the environments, objectives, atmospheres, story and style of the project
- Provide mentorship, feedback, and training to others on the team
- Support the Lead Artist and Art Director in any ad hoc tasks and duties
- Proven high calibre experience in the gaming industry, and as a real-time lighting artist on a AAA project.
- Solid understanding of CG lighting, both in real-time engines and software rendering.
- Exceptional eye for colour and composition, and light and shadow.
- Ability to work with different disciplines to deliver lighting which follows the concept and art direction whilst also acknowledging and enhancing the game design.
- Excellent understanding of in-game lighting techniques, atmospheric effects and subsequent systems.
- Working knowledge of relevant 3D software (e.g. Maya, 3DS Max etc.)
- Superb problem solving skills, both creative and technical.
- Experience of different game engines and production pipelines is desirable
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- A strong portfolio focused on lighting work
If you're interested in this excellent opporunity then just apply here with a copy of your CV, and I'll be in touch!