OPM’s client is currently looking to add to its talented team. They are looking for a talented Senior Lighting Artist who is ready for the challenge of producing a AAA title on the next generation platforms.
- Working with Designers, Artists, Technical Artists and Programmers to create and maintain
- real time lighting for environments, cinematics, characters, etc. understanding the project’s
- requirements and platforms limitations.
- Responsibility over all aspects of lighting, being a point of contact with other departments.
- Working with the Art Director to realize the project’s artistic vision ensuring lighting brings
- up the quality of the art assets.
- Working with the Engineers to provide feedback and testing for new lighting tech and tools
- Responsible for all lighting related bugs that arise during the development phase up to the
- project’s completion.
- Responsible over lighting optimization tasks. Ensuring any lighting content is within
- established budgets and being able to optimize it without a loss in quality.
- Professional experience as a dedicated lighting artist, having completed at least
- one full production cycle for a AAA game on current gen console hardware (PS4, Xbox1).
- Able to comfortably work and adapt to all lighting and shading techniques such as baked
- lighting, dynamic deferred lighting, IBL and real time and offline global illumination knowing
- how to get the best out of each system.
- Maintain readability at all times so the player’s experience is helped by lighting, rather than
- hindered by it.
- Strong UE4 knowledge and experience with its blueprint system.
- Solid experience with 3ds Max and Adobe Photoshop
- Houdini experience would be beneficial.
- Avid player and keen on keeping up to date with games’ cutting edge techniques.
- Strong knowledge of lighting, colour theory and image composition proven with a strong
- Strong knowledge of PBR shading in current gen games. Must know how light and materials
- behave in the real world and how this applies in game.
- Strong understanding of cinematography and how to implement lighting for Cinematic
- A strong photographic eye and mind-set to correctly interpret exposure, lighting and shade
- values in game.
- Experience with ArchViz and offline rendering packages will be an advantage.
In return the client will offer:
- Private family medical care
- Private dental care
- Annual bonus scheme
- Long-service holiday reward
- Monthly team meals/outings
- Quarterly salary adjustment reviews
- Subsidised gym in the office complex
Interested in this job? Applications are reviewed continuously so please email your CV along with a link to your portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Declan Blayney | Art Consultant | OPM Response Ltd | email@example.com
The salary bracket is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.