OPM’s client are famous for their outstanding, team-based multiplayer games that inspire friendship, competition and teamwork.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the complete game design of an entire product or, for bigger projects, a large area of that product, driving end to end implementation across the team.
- A deep understanding of all aspects of level design with mastery in many areas.
- Industry Experience working in a senior position while also being apart of a team while a project is being shipped.
- Work collaboratively with other disciplines and experience of being a key part of a leadership group.
- A passion for environment design and architectural concepts.
- Experience of prototyping maps and gameplay mechanics using UE4, UE3, Unity, or similar.
- Experience with source-control applications (SVN, Perforce, AlienBrain, etc.)
- Experience in multiplayer level desigFn.
- Work closely with other disciplines to create and maintain fun, memorable and visually appealing levels.
- Regularly review feedback from playtests, enabling the team to drive quality in all areas of the game.
- Facilitate constant communication between team members, ensuring they understand their goals and how they feed into the bigger picture.
- Maintain up to date Level Design documentation, ensuring Level Design guidelines, best practises and metrics are thoroughly documented.
- Present your vision for the levels and your work to the team, upper management and the wider company at various stage.
- Manage, mentor and coach Junior and Regular Level Designers.
- Regularly monitor the bug database and fix issues in a timely fashion to maintain stability and ensure that your team’s levels remain playable at all times.
- Unreal Script, Blueprints, Flow Graph, or other visual scripting software experience.
- Knowledge of gameplay event scripting and entity setup.
- Previous experience with Unreal Engine, UDK and Kismet.
- Experience with 3DSMax, Maya, or other professional 3D modelling software.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop.
- Previous experience with scripting or programming language.
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family.
- Get mental health support from trained Mental Health First Aiders.
- 24/7 employee assistance helpline.
- 25 days of annual leave, plus 8 public holidays and annual closure between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave.
- Enhanced company pension contributions.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!