Job ID: #11666
Based in London, our client is a well-known Games Studio famed for their successful titles on console, PC and VR.
They are currently looking to add to its family of permanent staff. They are looking for an exceptionally talented Lead Rendering Programmer who is ready for the challenge of creating an AAA title on the next generation platforms. This role will involve developing the rendering engine to create world class rendering techniques and working with various art teams to help them achieve their artistic vision.
Reporting to the Engine Code Director, the Lead Rendering Programmer will manage a team of rendering coders and drive through all aspects of an ‘AAA’ game’s rendering requirements in accordance with the Art Director’s vision. Working and managing the team every day, the Lead Rendering Programmer will enforce and inform the Engine Code Director’s vision for the project, hold reviews and provide feedback to the team, lead-by-example, and push the boundaries of rendering for video games.
• Work closely with the Engine Code Director, Art Director and other leads to understand and establish their vision and evangelise this to the team.
• Lead a team with industry wide renown in the creative vision for the project.
• Manage the rendering programmers on your team, including regular one-on-ones and performance reviews.
• Be a role-model for your team by emphasizing project and company goals, providing feedback on performance and mentoring.
• Manage the rendering code schedule and bugs to minimise risk and ensure smooth running of the department.
• Oversee, advise and drive the whole rendering team to ensure quality results and efficient working practices.
• Keep up to date with industry trends in rendering to ensure their rendering tech is competitive.
• Work with artists to interpret their creative direction and build rendering code to achieve it.
• Work closely with the Engine Code Director to plan and implement new rendering features.
• Implement rendering features to a high quality.
• Excellent 3D maths skills.
• Strong graphics background with knowledge of cutting edge rendering techniques.
• Advanced understanding of current graphics hardware, APIs and shader programming languages.
• Strong understanding in C/C++.
• Experience working with games consoles (Xbox360/PS3/XBone/PS4).
Company Benefits Include:
• Private family medical care
• Private dental care
• Contributory pension scheme
• Annual bonus scheme
• Long-service holiday reward
• Brand new custom designed studio
• Free fruit, juices and soft drinks
• Childcare Vouchers Scheme
• National Rail Season Ticket Travel Loan
• Overseas Relocation Support
• And many more…
Categories: Programming , Technical
As part of OPMjobs’ MS-UK 925 Challenge, Jordan and Nathan are running a Warzone Stream to help raise money for…
As part of OPMjobs’ MS-UK 925 Challenge, we are running a Rocket League tournament to help raise money for this…
Copyright © 2021 OPMjobs Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom