Job Type: Permanent
Project: Console/PC Games
Our client is a growing, independent game developer based in Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, the heart of the UK games industry.
They focus on emerging technologies and greenfield projects, supported by a dynamic and creative team who are able to explore new ground in this ever changing landscape.
- Experience leading a small team of designers.
- Strong, passionate communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to deliver fun gameplay features that keep players wanting more.
- Extensive industry experience in game design positions.
- Experience with Unity, Unreal, or similar game engines.
- Experience working on all stages of a project, from concept to launch.
- Experience with modern console development.
- You will understand our consumer needs and ensure the designs developed by the team will contribute to player satisfaction and enjoyment, managing the game mechanics, core loops and game systems that make our games more fun to play.
- You will recruit and lead a small team of Game Designers, creating a positive environment which focuses on open feedback, mentoring and the career development of your team.
- You can prioritise the daily workflows to ensure a balanced approach to workload and production management on behalf of the game design team.
- You will lead by example and use your knowledge to support the development and performance of the team.
- With high standards, you are responsible for high-quality documentation and the delivery of coherent and compelling visions of game features from you and your team.
- You will lead and motivate a team that designs game systems, content and level design to craft an engaging player experience.
- You will make useful contributions to our creative planning sessions, scrums, and retrospectives and help us drive the development of our projects and the team.
- Naturally inquisitive, you keep up to date with emerging technologies and industry trends and cascade according to support the development of your team.
- 25 days holiday a year, plus bank holidays & additional service days.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Flexible working.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call us directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!