Project: AAA Console multiplayer game
OPM’s client is a currently seeking a talented and experience Senior/Lead Designer to join their dedicated team in creating an as yet unannounced, one-of-a-kind game.
The successful candidate will be a passionate professional, able to translate the vision into hands-on implementation of the project.
- Accomplished game designer with extensive experience and at least one published AAA title in lead capacity, preferably for a AAA multiplayer title.
- Practical understanding and experience in the full development cycle of a AAA game, which means that you know what it takes to go from initial concept to a full, fun, and functional game experiences.
- You have thorough experience with 3Cs (character, camera, controls) and combat from your previous work on AAA titles.
- Able to manage an in-house team of game designers, experienced in giving and receiving direction.
- Able to develop plans and give clear direction to both internal and external team members.
- Possess a problem-solving attitude, able to look past immediate technical constraints.
- Able to respond elegantly to creative changes, at any part of the process, using an analytical and organized approach.
- Lead a team of designers to realize the vision of the game and gameplay directors.
- Establish standards and bring new knowledge to the studio within 3Cs implementation (camera, controls, character) and combat.
- Collaborate with cross discipline teams to implement multiplayer game systems and gameplay mechanics.
- Serve as conduit between game management team and design team, ensuring expectations are always clear.
- Use the client’s proprietary tools to design, prototype and test gameplay mechanics.
- Operate effectively where you must balance hands-on implementation, and high-level direction.
- Maintain and supervise game features and make sure that they are represented properly throughout the game.
- Developing rules for reward systems and game achievements.?
- Deliver content within quality requirements, on schedule, and within technical limitations.
- Hands on experience implementing different kinds of combat systems and player cameras.
- Relevant design education.?
- Work showcases (E. g. in published games, on personal website, or on YouTube).
- Full VISA and relocation support for the successful candidate and their family
- Competitive salary package
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!