Project: Mobile Game
Note: Unfortunately, this studio is unable to sponsor a VISA
My client is a games developer of a hugely successful character based virtual 3D game released on Mobile platforms, the studio has created a virtual 3D world in which players can design and interact with their own creations.
Due to its successes so far we are looking for a Senior or Lead Character Artist, especially those who have experience with Avatar Editors.
- An excellent understanding of character and clothing production, design and development.
- Experience using Unity 3D.
- Up to date knowledge on the latest shader and modelling techniques and how these can be optimised to work on mobile and tablet as technology allows for increased capabilities.
- Previous experience working within computer games industry, ideally with experience of 3d running on mobile or low end hardware such as PS1 and PS2 etc.
- Self-organised with excellent project management skills preferably using SCRUM.
- Experience managing / supervising and mentoring a team of artists
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Maya.
- The ability to create clear and detailed briefs and provide feedback to other artists.
- Experience working with outsource studios, producing spec document for design and production with the ability to make production processes more efficient and scalable.
- Experience of rigging and weighting of characters and clothing, ideally an understanding of animation pipelines and mocap but animation skills are not required.
- Experience of working on a highly editable and customisable avatar system and the ability to work closely with Programmers to achieve the best results.
- Managing, designing and producing all in-house 3d characters.
- Providing constructive feedback to outsourcers and the internal team.
- Ensuring an efficient pipeline using both internal and external art resources.
- Help manage the fixing of art bugs and pushing the quality of the game.
COMPANY BENEFITS INCL.:
- Competitive monthly bonus scheme
- Flexible working subject to core-hours (10-4pm)
- Staff social outings
- Pension or Gym membership
- City Centre offices, 5 minutes’ walk of high street shops, pubs, restaurants and public amenities with great transport links.
Interested in finding out more? Call me today on +44 (0) 1206 214425.