This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPM’s client are an Amsterdam based studio who are world famous for creating critically acclaimed RPGs.
They are currently seeking a Senior Houdini Technical Artist to create procedural systems to build astonishing virtual worlds in real-time 3D graphics.
- Produce technically challenging assets to populate the game worlds in accordance with the artistic direction, design requirements and production deadlines
- Design new procedural tools or pipelines for: assembling dynamic assets, to assist in the authoring of roads or rivers; object placement, to enrich or optimize existing art assets
- Make sure a high quality final look, through close collaboration with game designers, programmers, artist and producers
- Add to and improve upon the existing collection of in-house Houdini Digital Assets and workflow improvements
- Study and prototype useful methods for automating the development of game worlds with Houdini
- Become a bridge between Art, Programming and the other teams in the studio
- Strong game and/or film industry experience, having shipped at least one AAA game title
- Proficient with Houdini and procedural/automated methods for creating asset pipelines
- Background with Houdini scripting APIs, writing expressions, VEX, and using python to create pipelines to move content between Houdini and other applications
- Knowledge and understanding of using Houdini Engine to augment another engine such as Unreal or equivalent
- Solid understanding of DCC tools such as Maya and texture creation tools like Substance Painter, Substance Designer and Photoshop
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the (level) artists in order to streamline their productivity
- Ability to create systems that are flexible and art directable, enabling hand-edited changes as needed when specific requests arise
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!