Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Senior Hard Surface Modeler – Netherlands – AAA Console Games
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: # Posted: 3 years ago
OPM is excited to be working with this leading AAA games developer based in the Netherlands. With over a decade’s experience in the games industry, they have grown into a multicultural team of over 200 people that have strived to achieve technical and artistic excellence in their games. They’re currently looking for an experienced Senior Hard Surface Modeler to join their team.
What you will do:
- You will model and texture high-quality robots and weapons.
- You will deliver high-quality art assets and ensure their efficient integration in the game.
- You will work with the Tech Team to develop long-term strategies to automate asset art production.
- You will research and develop new asset creation techniques to optimize workflows whilst retaining the highest quality possible.
- You will implement assets in the studios engine for reviewing purposes.
- You will determine the asset requirements and work alongside the tech team to produce production specifications.
- You will guide and review contractors/outsourcing as part of the asset art team.
- You will troubleshoot problems on reintegration of outsourced assets.
- You will set up, maintain and update hero asset briefings during the process of asset creation.
- You will maintain a universally high standard of quality on all assets through regular reviews and feedback.
- You will ensure that all assets function correctly in game and meet all technical requirements.
- You will contribute to any part of the hard surface production pipeline when necessary
- You will report directly to your art director.
Who you are:
- You’re a great sculptor/modeler, who can work in any style – real or expressive, hard-surface or organic.
- You have experience in Substance Painter/Designer and an advanced understanding of Zbrush and Maya.
- You have a professional attitude; you are a good team player, proactive and can solve problems on your own initiative.
- You have a good understanding of materials in both their nature and their creation for physically based rendering.
- You inspire and coach other members of the team.
- You have an excellent technical and artistically understanding of creating assets based on a given 2D concept from mockup to final in-game integration.
- You have an excellent understanding of modeling for games, animation and deformation (clean topology and edge flow).
- You have advanced skills in producing high quality texturing/materials in given resource guidelines.
- You’re articulate, have strong written and verbal communication skills and a good command of the English language.
- You are someone who keeps up to date with the latest tools and techniques.
- You embrace feedback and critique and work well under pressure.
- You are self-organized and know how to manage your time efficiently.
- You are able to meet deadlines under tight schedules.
- You have experience with scripting in Maya.
- You are able to make tools to optimize production values.
- You have experience working with outsource studios.
Categories: Art , Creative