This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: PC/Console Multiplayer Games
Located in the London borough of Bromley, our client is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. They are growing the studio for exciting new projects on PC and console and are looking for a talented and passionate Senior Graphics Programmers to help create them.
To ensure the safety of their staff moving forward, all their employees are now using a work from home model during the COVID-19 outbreak in the UK, and this will continue for the foreseeable future.
- Robust practical knowledge and professional experience with C++.
- Demonstrable professional experience with graphics programming in a modern game engine, having worked extensively on rendering techniques, optimisation, memory management, and content pipelines.
- Good experience profiling and optimising code for optimal CPU, GPU, memory, and bandwidth usage.
- Good experience working in all phases of game development, from feature design and implementation to bug-fixing.
- Solid understanding of industry standard rendering techniques used in modern games.
- Deep interest in exploring and implementing new Graphics related technologies.
- Strong computer science and maths background.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise, whilst working collaboratively within a team.
- Using your knowledge and experience to own the technical design and implementation of large-scale rendering features.
- Collaborate with members of various disciplines to iteratively develop features that address and achieve the objectives of the game.
- Identifying and championing best practises and processes within your domain.
- Displaying a positive attitude to solve complicated problems as part of an agile, fast paced and highly focused team.
- Writing clear, maintainable, and portable code.
- Monitoring, maintaining, and optimising the performance of the game.
- Conveying ideas, intent, and limitations to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Professional experience with real-time networked multiplayer games.
- Professional experience with Unreal Engine 4 on PC and/or consoles.
- Experience with low-level systems programming.
- Experience with multi-threaded development.
- Experience developing for modern or next-gen consoles.
- Experience profiling and optimising code for optimal CPU, memory, and bandwidth usage.
- Experience developing procedurally generated environments.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214422!