Our client is looking for an experienced usability researcher to join its growing internal user research department in London (UK). This is an exceptional opportunity to help the team create world class games by providing reliable & actionable feedback on game usability via rigorous usability testing with consumers.
The successful candidate will work with the teams behind exclusive console and Virtual Reality titles using their world class facility and the latest game testing methods. You will gather insights to help improve the quality and consumer relevance of their award winning titles.
- Work closely with the development teams to create an overall research plan, recommending the most effective times and methods to test to meet the needs of their game
- Organise and moderate usability tests
- Analyse results and report findings
- Act as an ambassador, evangelizing user testing internally and externally
- Assist the user testing team in improving our processes and methods
- Mentor more junior members of staff
Experience & Knowledge
- Have a MA/MSc in HCI, Interaction Design or a related discipline such as Cognitive Psychology.
- A passionate interest in playing video games, and commercial Usability or UX testing experience, including creating study designs, moderating sessions, writing reports and presenting findings to a multi-disciplinary audience.
- Experience managing clients/accounts either internally, or with external client organisations
- Experience of game testing would prove an advantage
Essential Skill Set:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; presenting information concisely and effectively to people at all levels of the organization.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills; be able to work well with cross-functional teams – e.g. game designers, producers, engineers and artists.
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to prioritise tasks effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- An excellent attention to detail and a strong commitment to quality, both in terms of their own work & in improving product quality through usability testing.
- A commitment to reliability, with a clear understanding & communication of the limitations of the research results
- A good grounding in HCI and usability methods and excellent analytical ability; able to identify the key problems which need to be addressed.
- Ability to be open-minded and forward thinking and actively maintain an interest in the field; keeping up-to-date with developing tools, techniques and gaming testing methodologies.
- An understanding of the game development process & the role & limitations of usability testing at each development stage
To be considered, call Catherine on +44 (0) 1206 214416 or apply now!!