Job ID: #
SIEE North West/Manchester
Job Title – Senior Gameplay Programmer – VR Games Projects – Manchester
Job Location – Manchester
Job Type – Permanent
Salary – Negotiable
Job ID – 26967
OPM are working with a client developing VR titles based in Manchester.
They currently have an exciting opportunity to work on creating original games for VR.
The studio aims to build an experienced team to create AAA Virtual Reality games.
Are you a gameplay programmer, with excellent technical skills alongside a strong understanding of how to deliver great moment-to-moment gameplay through well executed gameplay systems.
Having shipped several successful games, you will be excited by the prospect of applying your skills to Virtual Reality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Developing key gameplay systems with direction & feedback from the creative leads
– Ensuring code is efficient & maintainable, delivering a solid 60fps experience every day
– Ensuring code is solid & well tested
– Developing rapid prototypes of key gameplay systems to enable quick iteration
– Collaborating with the rest of the team to ensure a consistently high quality code base across the game
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
– You will have shipped at least 2 successful games in gameplay programming roles. Console experience is an advantage, as is AAA development.
– You will be an expert in in C and C++, with strong generalist programming skills.
– Experience with Unreal Engine an advantage.
Categories: Programming , Technical
On Friday 19th November, Brandon will be doing a 24-hour stream as part of Macmillan’s Game Heroes In an attempt…
From early releases like Manic Miner, to the juggernaut that is Grand Theft Auto, the UK gaming industry has always…
Copyright © 2021 OPMjobs Ltd. 408 Wellington House, 90-92 Butt Rd, Colchester, CO3 3DA, United Kingdom