Job ID: #
SIEE North West/Manchester
Job Title – Senior Gameplay Programmer – VR Games Projects – Manchester
Job Location – Manchester
Job Type – Permanent
Salary – Negotiable
Job ID – 26967
OPM are working with a client developing VR titles based in Manchester.
They currently have an exciting opportunity to work on creating original games for VR.
The studio aims to build an experienced team to create AAA Virtual Reality games.
Are you a gameplay programmer, with excellent technical skills alongside a strong understanding of how to deliver great moment-to-moment gameplay through well executed gameplay systems.
Having shipped several successful games, you will be excited by the prospect of applying your skills to Virtual Reality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Developing key gameplay systems with direction & feedback from the creative leads
– Ensuring code is efficient & maintainable, delivering a solid 60fps experience every day
– Ensuring code is solid & well tested
– Developing rapid prototypes of key gameplay systems to enable quick iteration
– Collaborating with the rest of the team to ensure a consistently high quality code base across the game
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
– You will have shipped at least 2 successful games in gameplay programming roles. Console experience is an advantage, as is AAA development.
– You will be an expert in in C and C++, with strong generalist programming skills.
– Experience with Unreal Engine an advantage.
Categories: Programming , Technical
With the deadline for the UK leaving the EU fast approaching, it’s important to know what this means for UK…
Do you have a passion for promoting unique, artistic and creative titles made separate from big studios? If so, then…
Copyright © 2020 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom