This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: UE4 Multiplayer Shooter Games
OPM are working with an established developer seeking a Senior Gameplay Programmer to join their team on an exhilarating new multiplayer shooter.
The successful candidate will work closely other programmers, designers, artists, animators, and producers to build their game systems and features, while keeping in mind constraints of current and next-gen systems.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Degree in Computer Science or other applicable experience.
- Strong professional experience in the games industry, having shipped at least one game using UE4, preferably on console.
- Strong understanding of the importance of efficient networking in a multiplayer game.
- Strong understanding of C++, software design, programming and debugging.
- Strong understanding of 3D maths for games.
- Good understanding of the unique requirements of FPS titles.
- A keen desire to create multiplayer games.
- Familiar with programming for multiplayer games.
- A strong desire to overcome tough obstacles and to learn new skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think outside the box.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate systems and ideas effectively with a multidisciplinary team.
- Specialist in one or more areas such as: networking, physics, AI, systems, databases, animation, etc.
- Professional experience programming multiplayer games in Unreal Engine 4.
- Shipped a multiplayer game.
- Professional experience writing game code with tight performance limitations.
- Professional experience writing optimised code in Unreal Engine 4.
- Good understanding of game design.
- Can push and contribute to all aspects of a game.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mentor other developers.
- Tackle large challenges and features.
- Take ownership of an area of programming, specialism, or feature.
- Iterate on current features and mechanics.
- Resolve problems in an efficient way.
- Write extensible, stable, efficient code.
- Have a say in production schedules, being mindful of scope and delivery.
- Flexible Working
- Private Medical Insurance (including Dental)
- Life Insurance
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!