Job ID: #22884
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
This prestigious Swedish game studio is comprised of a seasoned group of developers recognised for their work creating story-driven games. They can boast an impressive back catalogue of action-packed console and PC games, which have won numerous awards and reached both commercial and critical acclaim. Work is underway with a new unannounced AAA project and their looking for an experienced Senior Gameplay Programmer who is ready for the challenges of producing a world class game.
• Develop gameplay related functionality (controls, camera movement, game rules, etcetera)
• Identify and implement platform specific optimizations to relevant gameplay systems
• Write clean, professional, and maintainable code
• You are an active advocate for system features and tools that would improve the production process
• Work closely with designers, artists, and animators to bring the vision of the game to life
• Deliver high quality work in a timely manner over an extended period of time
Expectations on a senior
• You are expected to lead by example and tutor any less experienced members within the applicable discipline. You can take on a mentor role
• You operate within given constraints (time/schedule and technical limits) but pro-actively work to constantly improve our processes
• You are able to plan out and complete work with minimal direction or oversight from Director/Producer
• Take initiatives to collaborate cross functionally
• Actively share your experience and knowledge with other team members
• Extensive experience in AAA or mobile games development
• Shipped more than 1 title where credited as programmer for PC, Console or Mobile games
• Excellent C++/C# skills
• You’re solutions oriented with great problem-solving skills
• Used to working on a large codebase and as part of a team
• Organized and have excellent time management skills
• Fluent in English in speech and writing
• Self-starting team player with very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
• Last but not least, you’re passionate about making GREAT games!
• Competitive Salary
• Relocation Support
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214422!
Categories: Programming , Technical
Newcastle Upon Tyne
With the deadline for the UK leaving the EU fast approaching, it’s important to know what this means for UK…
Do you have a passion for promoting unique, artistic and creative titles made separate from big studios? If so, then…
Copyright © 2020 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom