At the heart of any successful title, is a strong and focused team. At this London Studio they work together in multi-discipline teams to solve problems in new and creative ways. They believe this is at the heart of a great play experience. You will be encouraged to manage your own time, make decisions for yourself, and above all have fun as you explore and innovate.
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Programmer to join an established technology team working on proprietary engine and tools focused on bringing the best technology to the game teams. You will have a critical role to play in shaping the future technology and the working practices of the entire studio.
- Designing, developing, documenting, testing and maintaining engine systems and technology, in collaboration with other tools and runtime programmers – with the goal of creating a rich environment for games development focused on fast iteration.
- Your engineering responsibilities will range from developing low-level hardware interfaces right up to providing integrated front facing game engine systems and APIs that will be used directly by their content creators.
- Collaborating with other members of the technology team, content creators and embedded QA to continuously improve the proprietary technology, proactively improving quality and efficiency.
- Managing priorities and dependencies. Assessing technical risk. Ensuring smooth development across the team and minimize delays to deliverables.
- Support and maintenance of new and existing technology.
Requires Skills and Experience:
- Excellent C++ programming skills. Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Robust software engineering and software architecture principles. A solid understanding of game architecture, including the development of reusable software libraries. Experience of working with and interfacing to a large codebase, including systems such as: graphics, physics, animation, audio, and networking.
- Objective profiling, analysis and optimization skills. Experience of designing code and data structures with performance in mind, and the use of performance analysis tools.
- A methodical approach to debugging, practiced over a number of years, and honed to high degree of proficiency.
- Passion and aptitude for practical game development. Experience of working in small focused work groups, and interfacing with a large multi-discipline team. Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to self-prioritize and execute with minimal supervision.
Good to Have:
- Experience of leading a small team of programmers, providing support and guidance in daily tasks.
- Experience of working as part of a core engineering team.
- Experience of next gen development, PC or other related console based development.
- A successful shipped console title or mobile/tablet application gaining critical acclaim.
- C# language skills.
- Experience of developing Virtual Reality applications
You will need to be a strong team player, but be able act independently, professionally and proactively. You should be quick to learn new skills, be eager to embrace new challenges and to travel from time to time.
To apply or for further information about the role please contact Daniel on +44 (0) 1206 214421 or mail a copy of your CV.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND – Refer a friend to OPM and if we successfully place them in a new permanent role you will receive £300.