This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Job Title: Senior Game Programmer
Job Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Competitive inc benefits
OPM are working with an exciting VR studio looking for a talented Senior Game Programmer who is passionate about creating ground-breaking, state of the art VR and AR games and entertainment.
- To stand at the core of larger game features or system’s design and implementation, working closely together with the tech lead to make it fit the complete codebase, working closely together with the designers to identify the technical constraints based on their creative guidance and working closely together with our core tech team so all their projects can benefit from sharable technology
- To use your knowledge of C++, object orientation, design patterns, algorithms and data structures to create solid technical designs and efficient implementations of these game features and systems
- To adapt and expand upon their studio pipeline and coding standards to create spectacular and immersive games and experiences
- To constantly take performance into account so their games and experiences can keep running at a smooth 72+ FPS, even when rendering to both eyes and using the latest and greatest mobile hardware to do so
- To analyse problems and debug them in order to quickly locate and fix challenging bugs
- To guide and mentor less experienced programmers so they can quickly improve within the studio
- Excellent proficiency in C++ with a good understanding of the object-oriented approach, pointers and references, containers, inheritance, etc
- Great working and technical knowledge of Unreal Engine with good understanding of blueprints and optimizing code.
- Experience with VR would be a plus
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge on consoles and mobile platforms is a bonus.
- Comfortable with working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Good knowledge of English, both oral and written
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 422!