This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console/PC Action Games
OPM’s client is an award-winning client is seeking a Senior Game Programmer who will be an essential part of the game team joining development on an unannounced AAA title.
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, testing, developing, and implementing systems and game code, whilst also helping mentor less experienced programmers.
- Extensive professional experience and skill in C/C++.
- Extensive professional industry experience, having shipped at least one title.
- Good professional experience in console or mobile programming.
- Ability to write clear, debuggable, maintainable and performance focused code.
- Outstanding bug diagnosis and debugging skills.
- Ability to design and create complex systems from beginning to end, formulating, and realising creative solutions to novel problems.
- Relishes mentoring and teaching less experienced programmers.
- Highly self-motivated with a positive attitude.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Design, develop, write, test, and implement systems and game code.
- Cooperates with multiple disciplines in the development process as necessary to create the highest possible quality product.
- Help to develop technical design specifications and implement them.
- Test and refine gameplay features throughout the development cycle.
- Estimate tasks and deliver high quality code to schedule.
- Mentor coding team, passing on experience and expertise.
- Perform code reviews to ensure code quality.
- Knowledge of standard development practices such as: source control, asset pipelines, issue tracking, external QA, and localisation teams.
- Experience with post-launch and continuous product development and delivery.
- Experience with continuous integration and build automation.
- Professional experience in an Agile development environment.
- Experience with art packages and pipeline development.
- Experience with low level optimisation, shader programming, physics, and/or mathematics.
- Knowledge and experience with cloud server and network backend systems.
- Holidays – 23 days paid annual leave plus all 8 UK bank holidays
- Bonus Anniversary Holidays – An additional day of annual leave for each year’s anniversary
- Team Project Bonuses
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Private Dental Insurance Scheme
- Train Travel Season Ticket Loan
- Dog Friendly Workspace
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!