This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
Our client is seeking an experienced Senior Game Designer to join their team for development on their new multi-platform, multiplayer shooter franchise. The successful candidate will be passionate for the games industry and be well-versed in the design of multiplayer levels.
- Solid experience in the games industry working in Game Design, with level design capacity, with a minimum of one shipped AAA title
- Knowledge and understanding of game design systems, level flow, engagement, economy balancing, environmental storytelling, playtesting, etc
- Familiarity with rapid prototyping to test viability of concepts
- Demonstrable ability to design and conceptualize creative and interesting 3D game levels
- Knowledge of level creation/editing packages (preferably Unreal 4)
- In depth understanding of the relationship between gameplay elements within the level and the overall game experience. In addition, you also have full knowledge of the player interaction with the gameplay elements
- Great communication skills and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Capability to self-critique and accept outside critique. The more feedback you receive, the more you can tailor your work towards what is best for the game
- Capability to learn and master new tools and techniques
- Conceptualize, design, direct, and build de game design pillars and also the levels for a brand-new multiplayer shooter game with a structured stage dynamic and a lot of player interaction through class-based combat
- Produce design documentation, also for level design, level layouts and 3D block-outs for in-engine playtesting
- Implement areas of the game including layout, prop placement, and other gameplay related entities
- Work closely with the Creative Director and Lead Designers to contribute innovative ideas towards all aspects of game design
- Work closely with the engineering team to develop and enhance the development of tools and processes used in laying out environments
- Work in partnership with the art department to conceive and design environments that are innovative and visually impressive
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!