Are you a F2P Games Designer who thrives in small, focussed teams?
OPM is excited to be working with this fast-growing mobile F2P games studio based in London. Since their inception nearly half a decade ago, they have grown to a team of 50 people and have been developing a new awesome mobile game every year and have 90 million players worldwide! They value data and player feedback to shape their games and prefer to work in small, focussed and empowered teams to build the best games and sport an open, transparent and self-determined culture.
My client is looking for a Senior F2P Designer/Product Manager with a design mentality and background to join their team to help double their rate of development. You will:
- Be responsible for working across multiple projects as a crucial element of the studio’s creative setup.
- Develop new features & systems based on your experience of virtual-goods business models and monetisation.
- Support the product vision through the design of large-scale game systems that maximise engagement, revenue, and retention.
- Use data driven insight to improve results and share best practices.
- Create Theme, Game Mechanics, Monetization, and Social Features into an integrated product.
- Play all competitive games, understand their successes and failures, to help ensure our games are the best ones on the market.
- Run play tests and use the team’s feedback for the continual improvement our games.
- Works with the developers to define, plan, and iterate game features to a high quality standard.
- Create design specifications that effectively communicate game design requirements to all team members.
- Analyse game metrics/feedback and make design decisions based upon them.
- Have broad knowledge in various aspects of game design such as system design, narration, economy balance, UI design, etc
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience and success designing mobile-based online and social game feature-sets.
- Solid experience and success with games based on a virtual-goods business model & deep monetization intuition and understanding.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills. Able to analyse gameplay data and make appropriate improvements to games.
- Excellent organisational skills during the game design workflow from initial concept – final release – post-release.
- A preference for working in a start-up environment & being part of a small team that achieves its vision quickly.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
What’s on offer?
As well as a competitive basic salary, my client also offers:
- Project-based bonus and pension schemes.
- A work-from-home policy (2 days per week) & 23 days holiday (+3 more for the Christmas shut-down period).
- Visa sponsorship for exceptional candidates.
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, then please fill in the form below, attach your CV and any links to your portfolio/demo work and click the “Send Application” button. If you’d like to know a little bit more about the opportunity, please call me on +44 (0) 1206 214 422.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND – Refer a friend to OPM and if we successfully place them in a new permanent role you will receive £300.