Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Senior External Development Manager – AAA Console Games – London, UK
Location: London, United Kingdom Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: #24122 Posted: 8 months ago
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
our client is looking for an exceptionally talented Senior External Development Manager who is ready for the challenge of producing a AAA title on the next-generation platforms. This role will involve working with and maintaining all of our external development in key areas of the game.
- Be the main point of contact and owner of the relationship with our external partners for your assigned feature teams.
- Push the standards for other external development managers at the studio, constantly sharing and improving on studio process.
- Maintain, develop and improve workflows and processes that allow for efficient, flexible and timely delivery of high numbers of high quality assets.
- Work with the internal and external teams to create and maintain documentation and tutorial material.
- Work with our partners and production to establish a schedule and roadmap for the completion of assets to make sure project’s dates are upheld.
- Setup internal team reviews and support the distribution of feedback to our outsource partners within a defined sign off process.
- Work proactively to manage the logistical side of complex projects with multiple dependencies.
- Maintain healthy relationships with our partners and work with them to implement high standards (technical and aesthetical) efficiently.
- Work with the Senior Producers and Studio Management to balance quality, time and costs while maintaining the studios incredibly high standards.
- Pro-actively identify and resolve risks to both the project and external development pipeline and ensure that all security measures are in place.
- Experienced understanding of Shotgun (Asset Management software).
- Knowledge of 3DS Max and/or Maya is advantageou.s
- Knowledge of the Unreal Engine or similar game engine/s is advantageous.
- An excellent understanding of the Office suite i.e. Excel, Word.
- Working knowledge of Jira is beneficial.
- Experience managing Outsourcing in the games industry.
- Must have worked to coordinate outsourced material on multiple console titles.
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of producing in-game assets.
- Knowledge of Agile project management and the different approaches to the scheduling of asset production.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple requests from different people while working towards a deadline.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Be a keen gamer.
Categories: Art , Creative