This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPM’s client is seeking a Senior Environment Artist to join their passionate and talented team.
The successful candidate will create functional high-quality assets which can be used across the project and help challenge and redefine the artistic process.
- Expert knowledge of 3D software such as 3D Studio Max, Maya and Blender
- Expert knowledge of 3D sculpting packages such as Zbrush or Mudbox
- Expert knowledge of modelling processes, hi-res sculpting, baking textures and material/shader setup in real-time render engine
- Expert knowledge of PBR material pipeline/substance
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop or other 2D packages
- Ability to develop resolutions to unusually challenging problems with highly creative solutions
- Ability to effectively communicate information and exert influence. Whilst building long-term, trusting relationships with a wide range of people within multiple teams
- Create the environment, with consideration of narrative and visual storytelling, while documenting intentions
- Design high quality environments in tight collaborations with Level Designers
- Design functional high-quality assets which can be shared across the project
- Keep track of and update the progress of day-to-day tasks using the designated tracking tools
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of own work
- Make sure the technical and artistic quality of the project by collaborating with Technical Artists and other Senior Artists and make changes when necessary
- Assist the Lead Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties, including mentoring junior employees
- Challenge and help re-define technical and artistic process
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!