Job ID: #19467
Job Title: Senior Environment Artist
Location: London – Remote Working Available
Job Type: Permanent
Projects: Console Games
Our client has been included in the ‘Develop 100’ Top Studios in the World, and the nucleus of their staff have been together for a decade and more. There’s a reason for that. Their commitment to creating the best means a commitment to working with the best, and hiring the best. Their evolution sees them now aggressively seeking to recruit a top-rated Senior Environment Artist.
– Creating high quality content, from individual assets to entire scenes.
– Work with the Art Directors and Lead Environment artists to develop and maintain high quality game environments.
– Delivering work that adheres to production schedules, with the proactive drive to explore new workflows and methods of execution.
– Actively participate in a collaborative and creative environment, accepting feedback from and providing feedback within the art team.
– Multitasking effectively, being able to prioritise competing demands and follow through on all assigned tasks.
– Supporting and mentoring other, less experienced and require more direction.
– Co-ordinating and working with external outsource vendors, including reviewing work and providing feedback
– Extensive experience in an Environment Artist role with multiple shipped, AAA titles.
– Knowledgeable and keeps current with best practices in game art production and software applications
– Expert knowledge in industry standard tools such as 3ds Max, ZBrush & Photoshop.
– A strong portfolio of work to demonstrate a high amount of attention to artistic and technical detail.
– Exceptional ability to create both organic natural terrain, as well as hard surface modelling.
– Excellent understanding of physical materials and creating texture maps to accurately replicate them in CG.
– Strong lighting and composition skills and an understanding of colour theory.
– Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve issues
– Understanding of art pipelines, workflows, environment scale, form and their technical dependencies
– A positive attitude with a pro-active approach and a high degree of self-motivation and initiative.
– Experience using laser scanned data & photogrammetry to generate accurate track lofts and terrain.
– Proficient in modelling optimised 3D content, baking details and creating efficient levels of detail.
– Experience creating a variety of real world vistas using tools such as ‘Vue’ and ‘Worldmachine’.
Categories: Art , Creative
The work-related stress epidemic is not a new topic of discussion. Today, reports reveal that four out of five workers…
OPM will be exhibiting at Game Connection in Paris from the 1st to the 3rd of October Game Connection is a notoriously social event, come…
Copyright © 2017 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom