Job ID: #
Job Title: Senior Environment Artist
Location: London – Remote Working Available
Job Type: Permanent
Projects: Console Games
Our client has been included in the ‘Develop 100’ Top Studios in the World, and the nucleus of their staff have been together for a decade and more. There’s a reason for that. Their commitment to creating the best means a commitment to working with the best, and hiring the best. Their evolution sees them now aggressively seeking to recruit a top-rated Senior Environment Artist.
– Creating high quality content, from individual assets to entire scenes.
– Work with the Art Directors and Lead Environment artists to develop and maintain high quality game environments.
– Delivering work that adheres to production schedules, with the proactive drive to explore new workflows and methods of execution.
– Actively participate in a collaborative and creative environment, accepting feedback from and providing feedback within the art team.
– Multitasking effectively, being able to prioritise competing demands and follow through on all assigned tasks.
– Supporting and mentoring other, less experienced and require more direction.
– Co-ordinating and working with external outsource vendors, including reviewing work and providing feedback
– Extensive experience in an Environment Artist role with multiple shipped, AAA titles.
– Knowledgeable and keeps current with best practices in game art production and software applications
– Expert knowledge in industry standard tools such as 3ds Max, ZBrush & Photoshop.
– A strong portfolio of work to demonstrate a high amount of attention to artistic and technical detail.
– Exceptional ability to create both organic natural terrain, as well as hard surface modelling.
– Excellent understanding of physical materials and creating texture maps to accurately replicate them in CG.
– Strong lighting and composition skills and an understanding of colour theory.
– Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve issues
– Understanding of art pipelines, workflows, environment scale, form and their technical dependencies
– A positive attitude with a pro-active approach and a high degree of self-motivation and initiative.
– Experience using laser scanned data & photogrammetry to generate accurate track lofts and terrain.
– Proficient in modelling optimised 3D content, baking details and creating efficient levels of detail.
– Experience creating a variety of real world vistas using tools such as ‘Vue’ and ‘Worldmachine’.
Categories: Art , Creative
A Unity Developer brings their software expertise to tasks involving the Unity engine. The Unity engine is a run-time environment…
Now that the United Kingdom has left the European Union, it’s important to know what this means for UK companies…
Copyright © 2021 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom