This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Mobile Games
OPMs client is looking for a talented Senior Environment Artist to join their team.
The successful candidate will help our client realize the vision and world building for our AAA unannounced project.
- Extensive experience working on mobile games for Android and/or iOS
- Broad experience creating environments art and building maps
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Substance Painter and Substance Designer
- Experience in 3D modelling (low poly, high poly, optimized UVs unwrapping), with Maya, 3D Studio Max or Blender
- Very strong Unity experience including asset import and management, optimization, material, lighting, and baking
- Very strong sense of layout, composition, graphic design, color.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Good English knowledge.
- Ability to deliver both volume and quality of work
- Experience with one or more game engines is a plus
- Translate a visual reference or concept art into a 3D scene
- Create assets in line with the project's artistic and technical direction; deliver exceptionally hand painted quality textures
- Integrate environment assets and textures in the game engine
- Define material and light properties for environment shaders
- Own and verify the quality of your work once imported into the game, and make improvements when necessary
- Use specific project tools to achieve best results and meet deadlines
- Good understanding of volumes, proportions, detail distribution, color and materials composition
- Able to work within poly and texture budgets
- Able to share work with your team and also absorb and complete work from the team
- Collaborate with our tools department in the development of our art tools and pipeline.
- Mentoring other Junior/Mid Artists when required.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 417!