Project: AAA Games Studio
OPMs client is looking for a Senior Environment Artist to join their team creating various AAA Games in partnership with the world’s best studios and most recognised games
The successful candidate will help create stunning 3D worlds for various next-generation AAA game titles from top studios around the globe.
- Strong portfolio demonstrates an excellent understanding of 3D modelling techniques and general pipelines
- Strong experience as an environment artist
- Advanced, In-depth knowledge of industry-standard 3D package; Maya, 3ds Max, or Blender for modelling, Substance Designer/Painter, and Photoshop for texturing.
- Solid understanding of modular approaches in-game environment production
- Expert knowledge of PBR workflow in texturing and how to author materials
- Solid understanding of shader functionality
- Expert understanding of photogrammetry
- Experience in substance painter
- Advanced knowledge of lighting game environments and composition
- In-depth understanding of game engines (preferably Unreal engine)
- Broad understanding of limitations in real-time game asset creation
- Willingness to learn new tools, and keep trying to achieve the best quality by exploring the limits of any given tool
- Effective multi-tasking, prioritisation, organising skills and proactively solving problems and delivering on schedule
- Strong understanding of colour theory and composition
- Excellent visual and verbal communication skills.
- Create high fidelity game environments both realistic and stylized whilst assisting junior artists to push the quality bar and maintaining a consistent quality trough out of the project
- Lighting and composition of entire environments and troubleshooting
- Author materials that are light on resources and high in performance
- Assisting leads and art directors on planning and scheduling
- Actively involved in feedback loops and assisting leads and art directors
- Support and mentor other artists who are less experienced and require more direction
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!