OPM are working closely with a global developer/publisher seeking an experienced Senior Engine Programmer to assist shape the future of the global headquarters.
Under the direct supervision of the Global Technical Director, you will be part of the Headquarters Tech Team that is following up on all the projects developed in the studios.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Have access to all games in development with a huge variety of genre
- Contribute to the games by assisting the game teams from the different studios by finding ways to improve core systems on the titles, and help them close the projects
- Contribute to the core frameworks and middleware of the company to help pushing technology further
- Collaborate with our game teams to improve ongoing and upcoming titles
- Participate in tech reviews during key phases of the projects
- Participate in technology watch and research and development activities
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Extensive programming experience
- Deep C/C++ knowledge
- In depth knowledge of core system programming: memory, inputs, file system, loading system, in game UI
- Excellent system architecture skills
- Experience with data compression techniques
- Experienced with multithreaded programming and performance profiling
- Solid understanding of related mathematics is important
- Experience working on asset pipelines and tools
- Optimization and performance should be your obsession
- Have shipped several high-quality 3D games on console or mobile
- Multiplatform development experience is a must have, the more the better
- Have a degree in Computer Engineering Bac+ 5.
- Skills in other languages like Objective C, Python, C#, Lua, is a plus
- You are autonomous, dynamic, and you love working in a team.
- You have a problem solver and team player mind-set
- You are able to share knowledge and mentor people
- Your interpersonal and organizational skills allow you to conduct a project to completion within given time constraints.
- You have a solid understanding of the English language in order to follow up on projects handled by English-speaking teams.
To apply or for further information about the role please contact Daniel on +44 (0) 1206 214421 or mail a copy of your CV.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND – Refer a friend to OPM and if we successfully place them in a new permanent role you will receive £300.