This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPMs client is a successful UK independent games developer is looking for a Senior DevOPs Engineer to join as a key member of their Web Team as they develop their latest unannounced AAA title heading to current gen and next-gen platforms.
- Substantial Linux server administration experience, Debian knowledge is desirable.
- Great understanding of network protocols. including SSL, firewalls, and routing.
- Solid experience with nginx, php-fpm, mysql/mariadb .
- Experience with deploying and configuring PHP applications in numerous running environments.
- Experience with virtualisation technologies such as Xen, VirtualBox and Vagrant.
- Experience of configuration management and remote execution software such Salt, Chef, and Puppet.
- Experience with cloud technologies and infrastructure such as AWS, Google Cloud and Digital Ocean.
- Experience with version control implementation and management
- Strong problem-solving & communication skills
- Develop, improve, and maintain the existing CI and testing of web applications and services.
- Enhance and increase the level of automation in the existing build and deployment processes.
- Actively participate in architecture development, planning and build for fresh projects.
- Proactive communication of technical challenges and issues.
- Ensure the highest possible availability of live systems under your remit, including willingness to work out-of-hours in critical circumstances.
- Maintain comprehensive site and system level monitoring coverage across all hosted services.
- Follow company software standards.
- Implement and enforce company security standards.
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Solid scripting skills with Bash and PHP is desirable, and python and perl advantageous.
- Experience with memcache, redis, beanstalk or elastic is a plus.
- Experience with gitlab and gitlab-ci.
- Experience with maintaining Java applications, in particular ELK
- Experience utilising web APIs to automate tasks
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience of using application containers (docker and kubernetes) and canary deployments
- 25 days paid annual leave plus all bank holidays
- Flexible working times
- Relocation Assistance
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle Scheme
- Up to £1k interest free personal loans
- Annual company events
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 422!