Job ID: #9770
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
OPM have partnered with an Amsterdam-based games company seeks an experienced developer to join a new internal team. The ideal candidate should be highly motivated and a talented technical individual, who will form part of a multi-disciplinary R&D team exploring everything from new gameplay techniques to tools for art & terrain generation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Senior Developers act as the bridge between high-level project goals and technical solutions, participating – in collaboration with other specialists – in both the research and the direct implementation of new game systems, frameworks and tools, as well as the improvement / adaptation of existing ones.
Research & Development
• Research, design, implement, debug, and iterate on new and existing technologies.
• Identify and (technically) evaluate 3rd party technologies.
• Contribute to the estimation, planning, and prioritisation of tasks.
• Identify and communicate risks and issues.
• Provide ongoing informal and structured technical feedback to colleagues.
• Facilitate the continued professional growth of fellow team members.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
As an experienced software development generalist with a strong technical grounding, this role demands the willingness to take on a broad variety of challenges, an ability to quickly switch focus between tasks, and the capacity to maintain good lines of communication, discussing complex issues at differing levels of abstraction.
• Extensive games industry (or equivalent) software development experience
• Shipped titles in a Programming (or equivalent) role.
• Excellent understanding of Software Engineering principles.
• Solid proficiency in C/C++/C#, including: refactoring, optimisation, and testing.
• Strong grasp of one or more domains (ie Gameplay, Rendering, Core Engine, Networking, AI, Tools).
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Confident researching / prototyping new technologies.
• Experience integrating / adapting 3rd party technologies.
• Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
• Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent formal qualification) in a relevant field (or equivalent experience).
• Experience developing with Unity.
• Experience developing multiplayer games or networking systems.
• Experience developing large-scale / open-world / sandbox games.
• Experience developing games as a service (architecture suited to rapid, live integration).
• Experience in a senior role.
• AAA / console game development experience.
• Proficiency in documentation and communication.
• Working knowledge of Atlassian software development and collaboration tools.
• Experience working in diverse, multinational teams.
• Practical experience using a variety of modern game engines and tools.
• Fluency in Dutch and Korean languages.
Categories: Programming , Technical
A Unity Developer brings their software expertise to tasks involving the Unity engine. The Unity engine is a run-time environment…
Now that the United Kingdom has left the European Union, it’s important to know what this means for UK companies…
Copyright © 2021 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom