OPM’s AAA client is seeking a highly experienced Senior Data Analyst to join their growing Analytics practice and help build their business intelligence capacity within their studio. Successful candidates will work with analytics and product leadership to assure that the most relevant possible real-time and historical data is identified, tracked, analyzed, and made actionable across all of their titles.
- Partner with analysts and live producers to identify strategic business questions, key metrics, and actionable insights.
- Provide consumer-ready recommendations, insights and reporting to Analytics team leadership, live producers, product managers and partner groups.
- Effectively translate statistical findings into actionable recommendations for senior leaders on game and business teams.
- Research and develop state-of-the-art data mining and statistical modeling solutions to understand game design, system performance and key business behaviours, such as player engagement.
- Drive needle moving improvements via hands-on exploration of data, dashboards, statistical analysis and predictive modeling.
- Combine qualitative and quantitative driven insights with game knowledge to recommend potential avenues to the game and business teams.
- Drive requirements for data collection and for data modeling with data engineers
- Work within a team of data analysts and engineers.
- Experience in a similar position within games or an analytics role in marketing, e-commerce or technology fields.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operational Research, Business Intelligence or any other relevant field).
- Graduate degree (MBA, MSc or master’s, PHD), an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of data analysis techniques, languages, software and systems (SAS, R, Matlab, Python, SPSS, Tableau) required.
- Extensive knowledge in SQL (or a SQL-like language) required.
- Experience with Vertica and Hadoop, an asset.
- Game industry experience strongly desired.
- Ability to develop and maintain good relations and communicate with people at all hierarchical levels.
- Passion for games
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to reconcile technical and business perspectives.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be the first hire for a new dedicated analytics team within this AAA studio. The company offers a competitive salary, bonus and benefits as well