This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Do you want to work with an award-winning team by creating concepts for one of the most iconic and recognized brands in the games industry? As a Senior Concept Artist you will together with Art director and Art Lead be responsible for the creation and development as well as planning and priority of the concepts and production art. This puts high demand on technical knowledge and performance as well as visual quality and experience. The role requires you to be able to multi-task and possess good communication skills both spoken and written.
As a senior the expectation to be self-driven and motivated is high, you are expected to take your specific area and evolve and drive it with minimum inputs if necessary.
- Development of high-quality concepts for our AAA game(s)
- Understanding and utilize on the visual style of the game
- Researching and proposing concept and reference images together with the Art Director and Art Lead
- You´ll help establish and convey the Art Direction through a wide array of concept art, key art & style guides for marketing and third-party development
- Participate in design choices and communicate with peers, managers and vendors;
- Work closely with the team and mentoring junior talent, to ensure that quality is consistent and cohesive;
- Working together with producers, leads, directors and other teams to push the quality and creativity on the project;
- Updating work and backlog using project management/ planning tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Extensive experience working as a Concept Artist within games or movies;
- Experience from working on at least 1+ released AAA games;
- A great sense of scale and proportions, materials, color and light as well as rules, perspective and composition;
- Great knowledge of human anatomy, traditional painting and drawing methods, and experience in Photoshop.
- Fluent in English with good communication skills, both verbally and in writing;
- Good understanding of real-time graphics;
- Ability to create concepts of characters, props and environments to AAA standard;
- Great at translating gameplay requirements into visual designs and art;
- Outstanding portfolio that demonstrates a strong artistic skill
To be successful in this position you are/ have:
- Well versed with concept, key art and style guide creation;
- Ability to work in a team, communicate well and being proactive;
- Good with time estimations, scope assessments and prioritizing within a team structure;
- Skilled and experienced expert at developing concepts to the highest standard.
- Good understand of general 3d and game art production techniques
- Experienced Some basic Maya experience (or comparable 3d software)