This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Our client is looking to add to its family of permanent staff. They are looking for an exceptionally talented Senior Concept Artist who is ready for the challenge of producing a AAA title on the next generation platforms.
- Create industry leading concepts that creatively and technically raise the project’s visual bar.
- Be comfortable communicating across teams and departments.
- Self-regulate your workload while completing ad-hoc requests & investigating any issues that arise.
- Be proactive and work together to maintain world class quality across the board.
- Continue to develop the skills of yourself and those around you to maintain a world class quality.
- Work closely with the Art Director and Production Artists to create a cast of highly believable characters and immersive game environments
- Excellent illustration skills and deep understanding of human / creature anatomy, color theory, values, form, shape language and silhouette
- Superior eye for light, value, composition, color, staging, architecture and detail in environmental design
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop and other painting packages, ability and willing to learn new tools and techniques
- Experience with 3D software packages
- Understanding of 3d creation tools and workflow especially within a game environment.
- Visualize complex environments through the use of basic components.
- Design original concepts that fit within the project style guide
- Maintain a high level of quality art, while providing a variety of ideas
- Provide in depth research, reference material, and develop conceptual ideas
- Collaborates effectively with department leads during review sessions which results in the finest artistic look possible.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Extremely creative in bringing ideas and inspiring the team
- Ability to work within deadlines and good time management
- Ability to drive a concept project and to be proactive in maintaining a creative momentum
- Passionate in creating and playing games
- Storyboarding skills.