Job ID: #23064
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
OPM’s client’s London studio is the newest in their family, and they are currently growing their team to lead development on an unannounced action MMORPG.
As part of this, they are looking for a Senior Combat Designer to join their team. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated designer with a deep passion for games and combat systems, who is capable of working on both a conceptual level as well as a practical level.
The Senior Combat Designer will work with the rest of the development team in the creation and maintenance of core combat mechanics, character abilities, and combat itemisation. They will also be responsible for maintaining and improving the health of the combat experience including balance, bug fixing, system improvements, and development of new features.
The position will implement compelling combat from conceptualisation to implementation utilising Unreal 4, oversee the combat system design, and collaborate with design, engineering, and animation teams to create varied and compelling combat across the full spectrum of the game including live operations and balance.
• Design, implement, tune, and maintain combat systems, abilities, items, weapons, and player statistics
• Ownership of the core combat mechanic and specification of associated animation
• Ownership of the development of combat features and improvement efforts, from ideation through delivery to players
• Maintain clear and concise documentation for all mechanics, balance, and systems they are responsible for
• Mentor and work with other designers on the Combat team to improve their design, technical, and communication skills
• Validation of all combat design scoping estimates
• Extensive combat design experience on a shipped or live online multiplayer shooter with both PVP and PVE experience
• Understanding and experience in balancing complex interactions between player abilities, stats, itemisation, and weapons using testing methodologies both within and outside of the game
• Ability to thrive within a collaborative environment, and both give and receive constructive feedback
• Ability to think logically and break down complex problems, with a strong focus on attention to detail
• Experience working in an Agile development environment
• Third-person shooter combat design experience
• Experience with scripting tools or languages
• Experience with UE4 Blueprints
• Experience building multiple types of combat and non-combat mechanics, weaponry and gadgets
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary dependant on their skills and experience.
Categories: Creative , Design
If you are interested in the idea of bringing unique characters and worlds to life, then game animator jobs are…
One of the most important jobs in game development is that of a game programmer. Without this role, any story…
Copyright © 2021 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom